1. You are a poem, one day someone will find the words to write you. I’m sorry mine never sounded right.
2. You were so much like me, that being with you was like being alone.
3. I wake up some mornings still expecting your lips to be waiting.
4. You were the only place I ever called home, and it hurts to see you rotting.
5. I woke up at three in the morning to write this. I think that means I saw you in a dream.
6. My mother asks about you still. I don’t know what to say, so I tell her you are happy. I hope it’s true.
7. I never meant for the house we built to burn down, but spend enough time around fire and you forget that not everything else is immune to be charred like you are.
8. This probably won’t make sense in the morning. Nothing ever does.
9. I write stories about the unborn. The ones we named that lazy night in bed.
10. I have been writing about you longer than we were even together.
11. I am a sad excuse for progress.
12. I saw the sky devour a plane whole, and I named it after you, Funny how things can disappear so fast.
13. When you asked me to kiss you, I didn’t say no, but it didn’t mean yes.
14. I sing loud in the shower, hoping the echos will reach you. All the songs are sad.
15. I promise this is the last thing I will write about you.
16. I have made this promise 73 times before, but still manage to rhyme I love you with your name.
17. I still love you.
— Y.Z, things I will never tell you or things that need to be said (via rusty-voices)